Document Actions

Hay Creek Overlook

Two roadside exhibits at this overlook interpret the history and natural history of Hay Creek valley along County Road 77. John Williams, an immigrant from Wales, established the Williams Ranch here in 1882. He and his wife Mary then raised cattle, hay and seven children in this verdant valley. The Williams Ranch is now eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places. Twin Eagles Trailhead provides public hiking access along the Hay Creek valley at Twin Eagles Trailhead, one-half mile down the road.

Tarryall Road (County Road 77)
Lake GeorgeCO  80827
(719) 748-3015


Hours of Operation
Daylight hours throughout the year.
Directions
From Colorado Springs, take US Highway 24 west to the town of Lake George. Turn right on County Road 77 and proceed about 16 miles to the Hay Creek overlook.
Visitor Services
Parking
Entrance Fees
Free




Home | Our Supporters | Other Heritage Regions | Sitemap | Contact Us | Privacy Policy and Disclaimer | Login
   © 2010 Park County

Colorado Journeys