Document Actions

Como Roundhouse

Built in 1881 by Italian stonemasons, the six-bay Como Roundhouse sheltered locomotives that battled their way over Boreas Pass. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is one of the region's best preserved railroad structures. A roadside exhibit at the south end of Como interprets the Roundhouse and other local resources. Como Railroad Days is held annually on the 3rd Saturday in August, and includes tours of the Roundhouse and several other historic railroad sites. For more information about Roundhouse tours and donations, please contact comoroundhouse@gmail.com.

Off US 285
ComoCO  80432
(719) 836-1910


Directions
From Denver, take US Highway 285 southeast for 70 miles to the Boreas Pass exit (right). The Roundhouse is about one-half mile from the highway turnoff.
Visitor Services
Parking
Visitor Information
Designations
National Register Individual Listing
State Register of Historic Places




Home | Our Supporters | Other Heritage Regions | Sitemap | Contact Us | Privacy Policy and Disclaimer | Login
   © 2010 Park County

Colorado Journeys